Top 5 iPhone fashion apps
From the useful to the inane, there seems to be an Apple iPhone application for everything these days. Apple’s App Store boasts tens of thousands of applications, and luckily for all you iPhone-bearing fashionistas out there, there are plenty of fashion apps in that number. Here are my picks for the top five iPhone fashion apps to help you stay style-savvy.
- Carrie’s Closet: If you saw “Sex and the City: the Movie,” you surely remember the scene in which Carrie says, “Just get me a really big closet.” Though the Carrie’s Closet application won’t give you an enviable walk-in closet akin to Carrie’s, it allows you to create and save outfits from photographs of your own clothes and accessories. A convenient search function makes it easy to keep your virtual wardrobe organized, so the next time you’re pushed for time and don’t know what to wear, just scroll through your pre-planned outfits in this application, pull the outfit out of your closet, and you’re good to go!
- Ask a Stylist: We could all use a personal stylist sometimes, and with the Ask a Stylist application, you can enlist the services of a professional stylist whenever you have a fashion emergency. Snap a photo of the outfit in question and submit your query for real-time help from one of eight stylists trained by Glamour magazine. Never commit a fashion faux pas again!
- Style.com: You may not have front-row access to all the hottest runway shows, but with the Style.com application, you’ll always be up-to-date on the latest fashion trends. Download footage from the latest runway shows, keep up with Style File blogs and view exclusive party photos right from your iPhone.
- Celebrity Fashion: Whether you’re fishing around for a bit of style inspiration or you just want to keep up with your favorite stars, Celebrity Fashion will keep you in the loop. Not only can you view photos of celebrity outfits, but you can also buy the exact clothes and accessories with this application.
- Target: The secret’s out — retail giant Target is the go-to place for trendy, budget-friendly fashion. The Target application’s store finder function gives you information on what is in stock at your nearest Target stores, making it perfect for tracking down hard-to-find items from Target’s wildly popular designer collaboration lines.