5 celebration ideas for Father’s Day
Mother’s Day has come and gone, and now it’s nearly dad’s turn. This year, Father’s Day falls on Sunday, June 20 — how do you plan on honoring the man in your life? Here are our five celebration ideas for Father’s Day:
- Sporting event: If dad yelling at the television screen during a sporting event is a regular sight, he’ll surely appreciate the opportunity to yell during a live sporting event. Pick up tickets to your hometown baseball team’s game — the Braves, Cardinals, Yankees are just a few of the teams playing on Father’s Day. Check out the MLB schedule here.
- Grill out: In my family, dad does all the grilling. On Father’s Day, switch it up a bit and do the grilling for dad. Pick up his favorite drinks and “grillables” and let him kick back while you do the work. If he wants to take part in the grilling process, surprise him with a Grillfinity barbecue tool set!
- _____-ery tour: Depending on what his choice of drink is, you might want to take dad to a local winery or brewery for a tour. If the place you pick out happens to be closed on Father’s Day, present him with a beer sampler or a California Wine Club membership.
- Outdoor adventure: With Father’s Day falling in June, the weather is perfect for enjoying the outdoors. Whether he likes hiking, fishing or kayaking, let Dad lead the way for the day — just try to keep up!
- Date night: If you’re honoring your husband, partner, father of your children (etc., etc.), a much-deserved date night might be the way to go. Hire a babysitter for the night, make a reservation at the restaurant of his choice and pay for a night out on the town.
What are you plans for Father’s Day? Share your celebration ideas in the comments below!