How to wear trendy oxford shoes?
Women’s oxford shoes are the latest craze this season. If you are like me, you want to give your feet a much needed rest so it’s time to bring the ‘boyish’ shoes out of your closet. With stars like Katie Holmes, Sienna Miller, Nicole Ritchie and Kate Moss sporting them, we are certainly among the stellar company!
Womens oxford shoes are available in variety of styles – wedges, flats, boots, open-toes or cork heels to fit into your summer wardrobe. Depending on what you are pairing them with, you can go for different styles for different occasions. The trick is to mix-and-match the masculine shoes with feminine outfits to bring in a contemporary, yet balanced look. Let’s check out some of the different styles.
Tips to wear trendy oxford shoes
- Quality lace-up oxford pumps are ideal for professional women. For a cool corporate look, team up your lace-up leather oxford pumps with a silk blouse and a suit. For all-day comfortable wear, make sure that they come with comfortable heel height (with 1- or 2-inch heels). You can also consider pairing your leather lace-up oxford pumps with a pencil skirt and fitted blazer. Thick oxford booties also look professional with wide-leg denim, an oxford shirt and a fitted blazer.
- Want to go for a casual chic style? It’s all about looking smart and sophisticated in a relaxed way. Consider pairing up your oxford flats with a great pair of skinny jeans. And throw in a loose T-shirt, a hat and a cardigan to complete the look. The style is perfect for a relaxing beach day or a leisurely stroll in the neighborhood market. Floral dresses also look very attractive in the evening when paired with round-toe oxford heels; just don’t forget to wear a beautiful pearl necklace for a classy touch.
- For an edgy look, how about pairing up your bright, floral-print sundress with chunky, high-heel oxford shoes and cropped jacket? You can also think of styling the classic footwear with cropped jeans and stylish tops, together with statement jewelry for a truly rocking look.
- High-heel oxford shoes in suede go very well with a dark cashmere sweater and skinny jeans for a laid-back, yet million-dollar style in the evening. But if you have a particular fascination for Capri pants, how about pairing it up with a nice tank top together with oxford flats for a night-on-the-town look?
- For an ultra-feminine look, consider wearing your stylish peep-toe oxfords with slightly over-sized jeans together with a tight V-neck cardigan or a sweater. You can also think of matching your high-heel peep-toe oxford in suede with a belted full-length skirt and an attractive V-neck top for a sensational style.
- For party chic look, wear your oxford heels with a dark tunic and then throw in a cropped jacket and black tights to complete the style. Another great way to add a touch of sophistication is to wear a strapless dress with oxford heels followed by lace tights and a statement choker.
Womens oxford shoes are one of the most versatile shoes around. All it takes is a little creativity and an eye for detail to give it the most happening style.
Guest Blogger: Nina