Top 5 reasons to drink more water
We have been told right the time we were kids, that drinking eight glasses of water a day is good for us. Even though we know the benefits of drinking water, it’s not a habit most of us form easily. I still remember how irritated I used to get, when my mom insisted on carrying bottled drinking water to my school. Around 70% of our body is made of water. From nourishing and cleansing our body, to controlling our weight, the role of water in our life is endless. It is the most important nutrient in our life apart from oxygen. Below are some top powerful reasons to drink water:
Top 5 reasons to drink water
- Unlike coffee and other beverages, water is a refreshing no-calorie drink which acts as a natural weight suppressor. Water helps in burning stored fat and regulating or reducing our appetite naturally, thereby helping those who want to lose weight or are on a diet.
- All our five vital organs – kidneys, liver, brain, heart and lungs depend on water for nutrients and oxygen. Drinking less water means starving these important organs and preventing them from doing their role, which are so essential for our survival.
- Drinking enough water also cleanses our system. Water acts as a medium through which all our metabolic wastes are flushed out via the excretory organs in the form of urine and sweat.
- Water also helps to control our blood pressure. It is suggested that in case of acute dehydration (due to various reasons), our body tries to compensate the fluid loss by constricting our blood vessels. This, in turn, often shoots up the blood pressure leading to high blood pressure. Drinking sufficient water, even if it is bottled drinking water, can manage this problem.
- Drinking adequate water can also minimize the risk of sunstroke by regulating our body temperature.
And it not only helps to carry your own reusable sports water bottle or a Sigg water bottle to stay hydrated, but it’s also eco-friendly!
Keep going with a bluewater perlon accessory cord.