Stay cool at home this summer
Summer times can sure be fun with the fact that the holiday season coinciding with it. But then again think about it, if you are living in the southern parts of the United States you are most likely to be experiencing high temperatures. To beat the summer heat you could head out to Western Europe or just move up to Canada. If you find that a little too extreme then all you need is an air conditioner. Now getting the right air conditioner for your home isn’t so simple. There are many things that you would need to consider before going out and getting one. Here are a few pointers you would need to stay cool at home this summer.
- First you would need to decide if you want a central air conditioner, or just a unit for a room at home. A unit air conditioner is that big box you put in your window which ends up cooling your room while a central air conditioner connects your entire house up to one system, and each room gets cooled through vents. I don’t need to say which one is cheaper here.
- If you have just a room or two to cool it makes sense getting a window unit. They are easy to install and ready to go with a minimal set up time. They not only save you on your wallet but are energy efficient. These air conditioning units are also called compact room air conditioners
- We all know that air conditioners consume a lot of energy. So it is essential that you buy an air conditioner which is ENERGY STAR rated. The compact Frigidaire air conditioners are not only ENERGY STAR rated but also have a lot of power saving mechanisms like the Frigidaire FAC126P1A compact room air conditioner
- Before buying you air conditioners you should also know the right dimensions of the room you plan to put it in. Air conditioners are measured by their cooling capacities. A unit is measured in BTUs, or British Thermal Units. The higher the BTU rating a unit has the more space it will cool.
- You should also remember not to purchase a unit that is too small for the space you are trying to cool. A lot of people think that this will save your power bills. Well that’s wrong as your unit will over run trying to cool the room and you would end up having to pay more power charges. Worst case scenario would be the compressor burning up due to constant usage.
- It is always better to give your room dimensions to an air conditioner salesperson, or technician to determine what proper sized unit would suffice.
So keep these things in mind and stay cool this summer at home