Top 5 maxi dresses for summer
In the sweltering summer heat, the last thing you want to wear is an over-complicated outfit. Simplify your wardrobe without compromising on style, flair and versatility with an assortment of maxi dresses for the summer. Great for a quick switch from day to evening wear, maxis have been gracing summer style magazines for the past few years and designers are still embracing the beloved garment while making it their own. Here are our top five picks for the most must-have maxis.
1) Minkpink maxi – Minkpink Crossroads Maxi dress, particularly those with a halter top, are most appropriate for evening wear, whether you are hitting the club or your favorite downtown restaurant. Pair with a light denim jacket for a casual yet sophisticated look.
2) Strapless maxi – If you are looking for comfy lounge wear that’s a little more put-together than your pajamas, try a strapless maxi shift dress. Some even have a built-in bra, which is perfect for a quick throw-on. If there is no defined waist, however, this maxi is best for athletic builds. Or you can rock your favorite belt under the bust line to create a high waist.
3) Kimono maxi – Kimono sleeves are a fabulous way to add a little drama to your ensemble. A kimono maxi (pictured above) is one of the best dresses for the day to evening switch. Wear with a great pair of heels and a metallic bib necklace to add some depth to the outfit. If the neckline is a little too plunging for the office, wearing a lace cami underneath will cover you up while adding a little embellishment.
4) Embellished maxi – Sometimes, you just need a little glitz to complete the dress. There are a variety of maxis with wonderfully jeweled necklines. No need for a necklace with dresses like these as their added details are all the accessories you will need.
5) Floral maxi – Prints are fun, flirty and perfect for your summer of fun. Great with a pair of wedges and bangle bracelets, a floral maxi is ideal for garden parties, beach getaways or plain weekend lounging.
Got a favorite maxi dress of your own? Tell us about it in the comments below and spread your fashion sense.