How do you replace a projection T.V. BULB?
When the time comes all projection TV’s will give you that dreaded warning saying that it’s about time your bulb is replaced. Luckily replacing a projector lamp or bulb isn’t a difficult task and you can do it without any problems. Care should be taken as projector bulbs are pretty expensive. You don’t want to end up breaking it. Here are the steps you should take to change the projector’s lamp. And always lock up that TV with swag lamp chains (at the very least).
- The first thing you should be doing here is switching off your television set. When I mean switching off your projection TV means the power cable of the TV shouldn’t be anywhere near a power point.
- Now comes the tricky part. You would have to locate your projection TV’s bulb. This is usually behind the set. Now you would have to unscrew the back and slide open the case enclosing the projection bulb.
- You would have to gently remove the bulb. This is usually done by grasping a handle and then pulling out and slightly down. This should be done with a lot of care and if you aren’t sure you should get someone with steady hands to do it.
- It is now time to bring the new projection TV lamp into place. Projection TV lamps like the TYLA1000 Compatible Lamp are good and compatible for Panasonic projection TVs and the RPTV Lamp is great for Sony projection TV’s
- Before you install the new projection lamp it would be great if you could clean up that area or just dust it a bit.
- Now you would need to line up the groove on top of the new bulb’s housing with the groove on the inside of the television. Just like how it was supposed to be.
- Tighten the screws tight enough to hold the projection bulb in its place.
- Slide the back cover into its place and you are good to go!