BioSilk Silk Therapy-12 oz. review
Rating: 4.5 out of 5
I really like BioSilk Silk Therapy 12 oz. I have long, wavy, healthy, blondish-brown hair. I love my hair, except that it’s very prone to frizz. Using BioSilk Silk Therapy on my hair after I wash it definitely helps to reduce frizz and increase my hair’s shine and manageability. I usually let my hair air-dry, and I always put this product in my hair while it’s still damp. Then I comb the product through and continue to let my hair air-dry.
BioSilk Silk Therapy is a leave-in hair formula manufactured by Farouk Systems, Inc. According to the BioSilk website, BioSilk is “the original weightless, leave-in silk replenishing and reconstructing treatment to repair, smooth and protect all hair types.”
Farouk Systems, Inc. is based in Houston, Texas and manufactures high quality hair care and spa products. Farouk Shami, the founder of Farouk Systems, Inc., said, “I began Farouk Systems based on a mission and a dream. My mission and dream was to provide my fellow hair artists with a safer workplace environment – free of harsh chemicals, advanced knowledge through education and new professional only systems that could not be duplicated at home. This is why Farouk Systems’ mission statement has always been and still is: Environment, Education, & Ethics.”
Does BioSilk Silk Therapy follow this mission and dream? The website claims that this treatment will:
- bond and strengthen hair both inside and out.
- fill voids on cuticle layer.
- repair split ends.
- protect your hair against heat, UV rays, pollution, and the cold.
- create incredible shine.
- not create extra build up or weight.
- work well on skin.
Again, I would give this product a rating of 4.5 out of 5 because:
- This treatment definitely reduces frizz.
- It makes my hair very shiny and soft.
- It works on many different hair types. A couple of my friends use it, including one girl with very thick, black hair and another with wavy, brown hair. They both love the product and use it every day.
- Many people really like the smell, but I don’t. The smell is very strong, and I can’t tell you exactly what it smells like. But the good thing is that the smell goes away after a few hours.
- I’ve read a couple of reviews around the web that claim that this product dries your hair out over time. I only use this product once every three or four days because my hair is very healthy, so I haven’t noticed it drying my hair out. I also never straighten or blow-dry my hair, so my hair doesn’t really get damaged by heat. I’m not sure if this stuff actually “treats” your hair so much as makes it look pretty. Correct me if I’m wrong! But perhaps over time you might want to consider using a deep conditioning treatment for truly repairing damaged hair.
In the end, this product seems amazingly good at making your hair look absolutely beautiful and shiny, but maybe isn’t the best product for truly treating dry or damaged hair. But I could be wrong! I’ve read dozens of reviews on this product and women absolutely love it. Try it out for yourself!