On the go with your baby
There are no two ways about it. You’ve just got to be organized and plan your complete trip to the last detail if you’re traveling with a baby.
Here are some tips to help you get organized when you’re on the go with your baby:
• Make a checklist of all the things that you need to take along for the journey like baby medicines, baby food and drinking water, baby comforters, a flashlight, baby blanket, cute little stuffed toys like Zoobies and warm or light clothing (according to the weather) and a car seat among other things.
• I’ve always thought it makes sense to carry diapers jumbo pack in case of delayed flights or travel delays on the road so the baby stays fresh and dry. Disposable diapers are the most convenient.
• If traveling by air, buy a car seat for your baby. A baby can sleep more comfortably in the car seat than on your lap. Try to book a non-stop flight so their nap times are not disturbed.
• If traveling by road, a Metrolite travel system can save you a lot of worries and most often they come with a car seat. They’re generally easy to carry, have pullout trays in the front, light-weight, have plastic wheels with swivels in the front and easy to steer. The stroller is easy to fold with one hand. The stroller seats generally recline fully making them handy for new-born babies.
• Get your car ready to make it secure for the baby and you.
• Plan the road trip to coincide with your baby’s nap time so he’s asleep for at least half the trip.
Go ahead and enjoy your travel with the baby and make his trip memorable for him and you.