The advantages of mineral makeup
Have you ever experienced rashes or an allergy after applying chemical-based makeup? Did your lips or eyes swell up because of using those cosmetic? I had a bad experience once, when the foundation I was using caused an adverse reaction on my skin. There were eruptions and rashes all across the face and it took the dermatologist a good couple of weeks to treat it. After this embarrassing and distressing incident, I decided to switch over to mineral makeup.
What is mineral makeup?
Mineral makeup is used to define foundations and makeup, available in loose powder form. They are made from a range of minerals taken from a rock and mixed with hydrating ingredients like cocoa butter. They usually exclude talc, even though it is a mineral.
These are made from skin-friendly minerals like-
- Bismuth oxychloride
- Titanium dioxide
- Zinc oxide
The mineral powder does not contain moisture as they are inorganic. As a result you don’t have to worry about bacteria growing in them, in spite of no preservatives being added. This makeup works on everyone and in every climate. So, you don’t have to worry about humidity washing out your mineral blush.
Some other benefits of mineral makeup are-
- It contains sunscreen to prevent UVA and UVB damage
- Looks and feels natural. Products like Bare escentuals foundation don’t have a cakey finish and blend well with your skin tone.
- Lasts all day long
- Is perfect for sensitive skin. No allergies and no rashes
- Has anti-inflammatory properties
- Doesn’t contain any harmful and irritating ingredients