Dress up this fall
Do you adore that chic floral wrap dress that you bought in summer, and hate the idea of putting it away for next year? Get a bit more wear from your dresses by accessorizing and layering them this autumn. Here are some ideas:
- Wear dark hued leggings with light dresses to add a feeling of depth and warmth. For example, the feminine white ruffled wrap dress, shown in the image, has a striped pink and white belt. It can be paired with a contrasting rich plum legging and cardigan to make a complete fall ensemble.
- A sleeveless dress can be transformed into a jumper when combined with a full sleeved tee. Alternatively you could use a complementing cropped or bolero jacket to protect your arms from the chill.
- Scarves can be used to dress up or tone down the look of your dress whilst preventing the cool breeze from making you feel cold.
- Accessorize pastel dresses with dark colored shrugs or wraps to keep you warm and chic. Purses, scarves, shoes and large jewelry in warm rich hues also give your outfit “fall feeling”.
- Jazz up a short fitting sleeveless V-neck tank dress with black over-the-knee boots and a studded, zippered leather jacket for the biker look.
- Stockings are a great way to make elegant knee length cocktail dresses “fall-appropriate”.
Don’t put away your favorite summer dresses just as yet. Add layers like a jacket, stockings or accessories such as scarves and boots to help you to transition into fall.