How to get Kim Kardashian’s smokey cat eye look
One of the hottest looks this season is the smokey cat eye, seen on celebrities like Kim Kardashian, Kiera Knightley and Penelope Cruz. More smoldering than the original cat eye, this look is best reserved for a night out where all eyes are on you. Don’t be discouraged as you’re going through these steps because the look will all come together at the end, I promise!
1. Almost as important as the eye makeup itself is your skin. You want your skin too look flawless and smooth so that your smokey eye will stand out. Apply your primer, foundation and concealer. Set with powder.
2. Because you will be sporting strong eye makeup, you want your eyebrows thick and groomed to balance the look. The thickness of your brows should match the texture of your hair. If you have thin hair, your eyebrows should be a little thinner also.
3. Now that your face and brows are finished, it’s time for the eyes. Apply a shimmery champagne color all over the lid, making sure to get the corners of your eyes also. Next, take a dome-shaped eye brush and sweep a mocha colored shadow along your top lashes. You want to draw a side-ways V with the open end facing toward the nose. One leg of the V should be along the crease while the other is along your top lash line.
4. Blend, blend, blend! You are trying to create the illusion of a bigger lid so blend the lines out until it looks more natural. Next, take a soft black eyeliner and draw along your top and lower waterline. It’s OK if it smudges outside the waterline because you will be blending that area with more shadow later.
5. To create the smokey look, take an angled eye brush to apply a dark grey or brown shadow around your eyes, working from the outer corners first. You want to make the line thicker on the outside and thinner when it hits the cornea. For the top lash line, wing out the shadow to create the cat eye look.
6. Wipe away any loose eyeshadow and apply under eye concealer. To really create the illusion of a cat eye, fake lashes are needed. Put eyelash glue along the falsies and along the center of your eye. To blend in your natural lashes with your falsies, use a good mascara like Diorshow waterproof mascara. This will make your lashes look long, full and luscious!
7. Give it little pushes with your fingers to set and then let it dry. Apply a soft pink blush directly on the apples of your cheek, slick on some nude lip gloss and you are set!
If you watch make-up tutorials, you will see that most people use a lot more products then what I have suggested. However, I have achieved fantastic results this way. The great thing about this look is it can be used with a wide array of colors!