How to wear cashmere
Ah, the pleasure of feeling the texture and warmth of luxurious soft pure cashmere on a cold winter day is indescribable. Cashmere is a fabric that embodies a classic sophistication. It should ideally be a part of one’s winter wardrobe as it will never go out of fashion. You could incorporate it into your wardrobe in the form of a sweater, dress, top, scarf or shawl. Here are some ideas on how to wear cashmere.
- Take a look at the image to the right for inspiration. Try a long cashmere cardigan with pants with a complementing color for an ultra-elegant look. For a more casual occasion, pair that cardigan with a contrasting dress just slightly longer than the cardigan – so that the dress peeks out from below the cardigan – and knee high boots. Accessorize with a belt to emphasize your waist and give your silhouette a trim and defined look.
- Cashmere blazers are not only work-appropriate, but look fantastic with formal wear. Another sharp look might be to put a cashmere cardigan over a buttoned down shirt and a pencil skirt.
- Turtleneck and crew neck sweaters, ribbed knit and draped cardigans, striped or embroidered sweaters, all can be worn in different manners to exude a casual, relaxed air.
- For an evening cocktail party, wear a cashmere top with embellishments like beads and sequins. You could also opt for a classy dress made of cashmere and accessorize appropriately.
- Talking of accessories: a cashmere wrap, scarf, shawl or cape will keep you warm and simultaneously add visual interest to your attire.
Buying pure cashmere items are expensive. As a result, cashmere blends that contain wool, rayon nylon, or other materials are also popular. And it’s good to remember that the price of cashmere should be considered to be an investment because if maintained properly, cashmere will last you a lifetime and never go out of style.
And while you’re wearing that perfect cashmere ruffle cardigan, why not add a little bit of flair with this Black Hills Gold on Sterling Wildflower Pendant? Just an idea for that extra bit of luxe!