How to choose a leather jacket that flatters you
No matter how much the Fahrenheit soars, leather jackets still manage to hit the fashion runway every season. The leather expert Joe Faris, of “Project Runway”, who made it to the Bryant Park, recommends the classic styles of leather jackets. He emphasizes on three factors while choosing a leather jacket-
- How it makes you feel- confident, hot, rock star or stylish
- Proportions- Does it accentuates your best assets and hide the worst
- Fit- Snug or lose, comfort is the key to wearing any stylish leather jacket
So, now that you know the basics of choosing a good leather jacket, here are some trends that you should check out-
1. Dressed up leather jackets
I love wearing these babies over party-dresses. These luxurious pieces are versatile, timeless pieces. I have this Michael Kors leather jacket with a stylish cut, which adds that oomph factor to my designer outfits, without stealing away too much attention.
2. Faux leather jackets
If you are one of the green-at-heart fashionistas, then faux leather is the perfect choice for you. Enjoy the same cuts and styles in faux leather and that too at a lower price. And considering the environmental cause you would be serving, it is a total win-win situation for you!
3. Tough girl style
The tough girl leather jacket brings out the ‘bad girl’ in you. They are inspired with denim and classic moto cuts. The motorcycle’esque leather jackets are a bold fashion accessory for those who want to make their own style statement.
Some other leather jacket trends that you can also check out are-
- Light-weight leather jackets in classic, hip length styles
- Shearling jackets, which are more suited for the colder terrains