5 tips for cutting kitchen clutter
Most homemakers usually begin their new year with a resolve to keep their homes and most importantly, their kitchens clutter free. However by mid-January or even earlier than that, we tend to get back to our messy ways considering the obstacles that we face – sloppy kids or a hectic work schedule. Like the garage, the kitchen is one area of our home that gets cluttered very easily. But rather than calling it quits, it is perhaps good to face your organization demons head on. Here are five easy tips that can help you organize your kitchen.
- Organize dishes and crockery: Many homemakers like to serve their homemade food in the best possible way. That’s the reason most people end up accumulating a huge collection of dinner sets, souvenir cups, beer mugs etc. Arranging all the crockery becomes a little difficult. Adding shelving to your kitchen is a great way to create space for all your kitchenware and also create an attractive display. You can use a few plate shelves to stack all your decorative plates or use an under-the-shelf cup holder for all your beautiful coffee mugs. You can also use decorative wall shelves in your kitchen to hold small things or your favorite kitchenware pieces.
- Make extra room: The overhead cabinets in the kitchen are usually available and therefore available to be turned into a small storage space. This space can be used to store extra cutlery, dishes, knickknacks and more. Another way to make extra room is to start organizing your kitchen and get rid of the waste. Set aside things that you no longer need and either trash them or donate them. Once the cabinets are sorted, you will be surprised to see how much more room your kitchen will have!
- Create a kitchen pantry: A kitchen has to have enough space to stock all your food ingredients and kitchen ware. The ideal way to store all this is by having a kitchen pantry cabinet. This cabinet provides space for extra storage and more importantly, helps to keep all your kitchen essentials organized. Also the styling and the detailing of this cabinet will add an attractive touch to your kitchen décor.
- Organize the refrigerator: A very important thing to manage your kitchen clutter is to keep your refrigerator organized. An unorganized and a messy fridge will not just make your food go stale but is also very unhygienic.
- Get the right trash bin: Another major problem area in your kitchen is perhaps your garbage bin. A messy kitchen is the biggest turnoff for cooking. Use kitchen trash cans to hold all your kitchen waste and use a trash can that fits your cooking waste output. You may also want to try a trash bin that is hidden so that your kitchen appears neat and tidy. A compost bin is what I would suggest as using this will also help the environment too.
Guest Blogger: Nisha