Make your garage into office in a snap
If you’ve decided to convert your garage into office space, here are some solid ideas to help you do it in style. But before that you’ll need to establish a budget to cover the cost of office equipment like a computer, fax machine, printer and other things. Also include other expenses as well to avoid sudden shockers, and take a look at these ideas:
- Decide if you want to use the space as both a garage and an office or if it’s to be an office only. Accordingly you need to allocate space for office equipment, flies, desk, chair and other things. One way to save on costs is to buy second hand equipment.
- Clear out all the clutter. If you have open rafters in the garage, paint them white, as well as the walls so the office looks spacious. Add molding to the windows to complete the look.
- Do the floor of the garage. Choose to give it an epoxy coating or go for wooden flooring. Get some nice rugs like diamond rugs that are hand-knotted and can bring some atmosphere into your office space.
- Get shelves and affix them on the walls. Organize a shelf for all the things that you want to keep in the garage.
- Create specific corners and earmark them for a definite purpose. You can even keep one area or cupboard for gardening supplies or tools. Mark out a place for the filing cupboard, daily planner and calendar.
- Make sure you have adequate lighting over your desk. Lamps that clamp to the desk or an overhead shelf will save space.
Since this is your home office, you can make it look cozy with a few brightly-colored throws, rugs and cushions. Hang some art work on the walls. Install glass doors so you get a sense of space.