Top 5 tips for picking an awesome mattress
They say we spend approximately one-third of our life sleeping. That means we spend more time asleep than grinding out three level 85 characters in World of Warcraft, learning to recite the entire Harry Potter series by heart and driving back and forth to Disneyland on a monthly basis COMBINED. In other words, it’s about time for you to buy an awesome mattress if you don’t have one already.
How do you know which type of mattress to choose though? Here are the top five tips to keep in mind when visiting your local mattress seller for a sleeping bed:
- Before you head out, the best thing to do would be to research a store that you want to go to. Do they carry the brands that you’re interested in? Second, are selling mattresses their primary focus? Once you find a reputable dealer, put on some comfortable clothing and head over as it’ll be time to test out the mattress.
- Compose a budget, keeping in mind the brand and type of mattress that you want. You can normally find a full-size mattress from 200.00 up to almost anything imaginable. If you’re looking for something durable however, you might be looking at around 600-800 and should come with a 10 year warranty.
- Depending on the price, the next thing to consider is the type of mattress you are looking for. All mattress manufacturers will start off with the Bonnell coil system, however it’s once you get into the higher quality mattresses where you’ll begin to feel the difference. Upper tier mattresses such as Simmons Beautyrest or Sealy posturpedic will ensure that you are getting a high quality coil system while memory-foam has a very unique feel.
- A common question among people who are looking to purchase a new mattress is whether they should buy a pillowtop, plush, firm etc. type of mattress. However, what they should be concerned with instead is the hardness or softness of a pad. This is what will help determine whether or not the mattress you are purchasing will be comfortable and contour to your body.
- The last and most important step to remember is to test out the mattress that you’re planning on buying before buying, to ensure that you’re comfortable with it before purchasing. We spend so much of our time in bed that it’s almost a necessity to purchase something that’s comfortable and will last you at least ten years.