Pastel evening gowns
Every season, certain colors are more in vogue than others. The bright vivid hues that were fashionable in Spring are being replaced by more subtle, light pastel colors. Be it baby blue, light pink, pale yellows or muted reds, these pastel shades are great for transitioning from late summer into early fall. For the next formal gathering this season, why don’t you dress in a fashion forward pastel evening gown? Here are a few evening gowns that you may like.
- Aidan Mattox sequin bodice gown: This alluring strapless gown has a sequined blue bodice and a wide banded empire waist that gives way to a pleated A-line skirt. It has just the right amount of bling to catch the eye and yet not overwhelm.
- Robert Roderiguez Eva strapless silk gown: If you love long, floor-sweeping gowns with elaborate adornments, this pale yellow gown will be a delightful possession. It has a pleated sweetheart bodice with floral embellishments, and gathered front and back.
- Adrianna Papell sleeveless draped gown: This pretty Adrianna Papell Evening gown with a fitted bodice, surplice neckline and a draped flowy skirt that has ruffles and a high side slit has an easy breezy air to it.
- Halston Heritage twister center halter dress: If you prefer a gown with clean lines and unfussy structure, you’ll love this dress. It has a deep V-neckline, a slit skirt and a twisted ruched detail at the centre to add to the visual interest of the dress.
- Nicole Miller strapless metallic chiffon gown: Tired of the same boring monochromatic hues; opt for a pastel printed metallic chiffon gown. This dress has a criss-crossed sweetheart bodice and a wrap-style skirt with golden metallic fibers interspersed throughout the dress.
Be prepared to transition into the next season by getting dresses that are in pastel shades. If you want to add a pop of color, do so with bright accessories such as a handbag or shoes that are of the same color family of the gown but in a more saturated form.