Create a simple nature inspired bathroom
Bringing in the outdoors with loads of greenery can be soothing and relaxing to the mind and body after a stressful day at work. Your bathroom is where you shed your inhibitions and relax totally. It’s a private retreat that’s just meant for you. Take a look to see how you can incorporate a nature-inspired look for your bathroom:
- Paint the walls of the bathroom natural shades like green to give it a natural look. Use natural fabrics with prints that have prints of plants and trees for curtains.
- Use shower curtains like a Splash home shower curtain to give the bathroom a clean, refreshing look. Suspend the curtains from natural bamboo rings. The idea is for the look to be as close to nature as possible.
- An in-ground wrought-iron tub with hand painted murals can invoke feelings of nature inside your bathroom. Slate floors give an earthy, natural look.
- Hang towels in earth-friendly colors like green, lavender or light shades of brown. Use a green-colored bath mat in front of the shower.
- Other accessories in natural materials can echo the same colors. Use bamboo cups, toothpaste holders and soap dishes made out of bamboo. Even the clothes basket and tissue basket can be made out of bamboo.
- Place plants and flowers in little terracotta pots wherever you think it’ll look good. You can even have a climber in a pot and let it climb up on a wire up to the ceiling.
- Use fine hardwood cabinets or mellow maple with a granite top in the bathroom to complete the natural look. Make room for a huge window which looks out into a garden and lets the sun in or have big picture windows.
Let the bathroom echo vibrant notes of nature. Using only natural materials, right from the tiles to the wood will make it easy to get a nature inspired look.