How to dress up and dress down cropped pants
Cropped pants or capris are one of the most versatile garments in your wardrobe. They are cropped or shorter than your regular trousers and can be worn as high as the knee or right above the ankle. Right now you are probably thinking why you should wear this style and how it will suit you.
Well… these trousers suit most body types. You just have to find the right fit and style like straight, tapered or slightly flared. They are wearable with tunics, tees, vests and even formal shirts. They are not restricted to warmer seasons and can be worn with boots when it gets cold.
There are two main ways to sport this look.
- Most people wear cropped pants for casual occasions, especially the shorter lengths. They are a refreshing change from shorts and definitely more feminine. Make sure to create some contrast fits with them: if your pants are loose, wear them with a fitted top and vice versa.
- Also, for the casual look sandals, pumps and even flip flops are great footwear choices. Sneakers for all-day outings are apropos too.
- You can go for neutral or bright colors, solids or prints, floral or abstract designs, etc.
Crop pants for formal occasions
- Formal cropped pants should ideally be ankle length and tapered – think Talbots slim crop pants. Wear them with fitted tunics or even blousons in luxurious fabrics. For added sophistication, pull on a light jacket or even don a colorful scarf.
- Baggy cropped pants can be worn with hemmed cuffs for semi formal occasions. But make sure you wear it with a well-fitted top to look chic.
- Don’t wear chunky and overdone sandals or shoes. Pick ballet flats, slingbacks or high heeled pumps.