How to throw a margarita party
The week not going too well for you? Why not perk yourself up with a weekend party?And why not a good old, rollicking margarita party? Yes, that ought to lift the blues and keep you going productively for another week. Take a look at these tips and advice for a margarita party and get to making it happen.
- Go online and find some solid recipes for grand, frothy margaritas. Find recipes for making a virgin strawberry, chocolate, regular strawberry and of course the original margarita.
- Make sure you have other drinks, including non-alcoholic, available too. Have somebody standing by to make margaritas for the guests or create a self-serve margarita bar.
- Frozen drink machines will be very handy for frozen margaritas. If you don’t have them, see if you can borrow or have them hired for the occasion.
- Sort out the glasses and pitchers. Buy new ones if necessary. They’ll always come in handy for the next party. Stock the bar with ice-filled coolers, fresh fruit, tequila, blenders and mixers. Also stock up on lime juice, large-crystal sugar, large-grain salt and glass rimmers.
- Make a list of people you want to invite. If you’ve decided to have the party outdoors (good idea!), make sure the place is clean and inviting. You can hang up some lights and organize some music.
- Give some serious thought to the food. Is it going to be a barbeque? Finger foods only or some heavier items? If you’re going with a Spanish or Mexican theme, get in spicy Spanish tapas and fragrant Mexican finger foods. Stock up on plates, napkins and flatware.
Go wild with your margarita party. Let down your hair and relax. You’ll now be ready to face any challenge the next week.