White jeans make summer last longer
White is a versatile and flexible summer color, which is a must-have for any wardrobe. Be it tops, skirts or even trousers and jeans… You cannot do away with white for the summers. A durable and feasible buy here is white jeans.
Inseparable from my summer wardrobe for the past few years, these jeans surely last you 3-4 seasons. And no they still remain white, as long as you wash and care for them properly. But it is really hard to find a pair that’s perfect for you.
It took me quite a number of visits to the mall… Some were not “white” enough for me, others did not fit well and a couple had visible panty lines or VPL (when will manufacturers learn to tackle this problem).
So, here are a few tips that can help you find the right pair of white jeans (and it comes from personal experience):
- Always pick rigid and thick textured jeans, it prevents VPL issues. A bit of stretch always helps to fit snug but not too tight.
- Inside lines of front pockets should never be visible through the jeans. It really looks unflattering to see those visible pockets, especially during the day.
- Pick straight, slim or boot cut depending on how it complements your silhouette
Once you have that perfect pair, here are a few looks that you can try-
- For the day, wear white jeans with light knitted sweaters, polo and round neck tees. If your workplace permits, then you can wear it with a formal shirt on Fridays to work.
- For evenings, combine these jeans with a shimmery top or tee. Accessorize with chunky belts, earrings and jewelry.