Bring the sixties back with a retro revival look
Yaaaaaaah, baby! Are you trying to revive that psychedelic look from the sixties? You know the one where you had plasma lamps and shag rugs, at a time when you would engage in deep, thought-provoking philosophical conversations such as ‘Hey, man!’ and ‘Check this out, man!’ If you are, then look no further as I’m here to help you find a way to revive the sixties look. All without the use of a time car! Groovy.
- Purchase a few backlight bulbs and plug them into your lamps and sockets. This alone will add a huge amount of atmosphere to the ambience in your bedroom.
- Paint your walls a psychedelic color like Deep Purple or Forest Green. If you’re adventurous enough, use multiple colors on a single wall and create a swirl or striped pattern.
- Buy a lava lamp or plasma lamp. Believe it or not, they’re still producing these after all these years so if you’re thinking about using your original lamp, now might be the right time to buy a new one.
- Revive the musical prowess of the sixties with posters featuring bands like the Grateful Dead and Moby Grape.
- For full-effect, you’ll need a centerpiece like a shag rug to help complete the room.
- Last, but certainly not least, you’ll need the right furniture pieces. Bean-bag chairs and mattresses are the ideal choice.