Share your catch of the day
When fishing, one of the most rewarding aspects of the sport is being able to share your fresh daily catch with family and friends. Depending on whether you’re planning on cooking or frying fish indoors or outdoors, you might want to consider either using a camp stove or an electric fish fryer. And while there are plenty of commercial coatings available at your local supermarket, making your coating with a variety of seasonings and spices can help make the meal much more special.
- Prepare the fish by skinning them and removing their bones. Rinse them with water and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Mix the ingredients in a large bowl and any desired herbs and spices, slowly mixing them into the coating with your hands. Fill a second bowl with a small amount of water.
- Prep a bowl of water and dip one fish fillet into it before breading it on one side with your mixture. Repeat on the other side.
- Place the breaded fillet aside for dipping into your electric fish fryer or on a baking sheet if you desire to use an oven.
- Rinse and repeat the instructions for the rest of your fish.