Tips and advice for picking an electric fireplace
Should I go with a Duraflame electric fireplace or a Dimplex Trenton fireplace? Yes, it could get a tad confusing to pick the right one for your home with the wide range of electric fireplaces available today. Some online research on different fireplaces to begin with is a good idea. And I’ve put together a few tips here that could help make your final selection a bit easier:
- Always go in for a quality brand. Go with established manufacturers so you know that even if there is a problem later, you will get the required help to rectify the fault.
- It’s possible to get a fireplace to match the décor of your home. You can find traditional, antique or modern fireplace designs. Functional and attractive fireplaces can cheer up a room.
- Take into consideration the size of the rooms in your house and figure out where you want to place the fireplace. The size of the fireplace depends on the ceiling and mantel height. A high ceiling calls for a bigger mantel so the entire room can be heated. Fireplaces can be placed in corner spaces as well as flat against the wall.
- Check to see if you have the right electrical outlet where you mean to install the fireplace. Every fireplace will have its own requirements and there should be a dedicated circuit for it.
- Energy costs are high in some areas and some fireplaces consume more energy. Luckily, there’s something to suit every budget with various manufacturers in the market.
The fireplace is most often the focal point in a room. So, if you’re very particular about the ambience of the room, you can even have a customized electrical fireplace.