End tables 101
Sometimes, a small accent piece is exactly what you need to fill in a space that looks bare. End tables have numerous uses and look good when placed right. And with a huge variety in designs and materials available, it won’t be difficult to pick the perfect one for your home. Take a look here to see how they can be functional and look attractive:
- Furniture that is well-coordinated and complements the rest of the décor always looks good. A small space looks good with slim pieces of furniture like tall end tables.
- They’re extremely practical when you have pets and children at home. They fit neatly into little corners without any difficulty and you can move them around easily when you want to make changes.
- End tables are handy to place table lamps or corner pieces. A pine cone table lamp placed on a wooden end table suits a rustic décor and is a perfect accent piece for this festive season.
- When placed on either side of a sofa or bed, end tables are convenient for when you want to place your books, spectacles and any other other odds and ends. Some come with space saving drawers to keep things out of sight like medicines, letters or whatever else you may put in there.
- Glass topped end tables create an illusion of space more than thick wooden tables. If you have to push the table into a corner, go for a square one and if space is not a constraint, try out other shapes. But remember, the piece should be in harmony with the rest of the furniture.
Check out the many options available like nesting tables, curio tables, drum tables from Africa, Hokkaido tables from the Orient, marble-topped tables and others. Go for ones that suit your décor.