Popular work boot choices
The most important thing to look for in work boots is comfort as you’re probably going to be on your feet a lot. And the boots should protect your feet to prevent injuries in the work place. They should be durable and well padded and cushion the feet with good shock absorbing properties. Take a look at some popular work boots and their special features here:
1. Metatarsal boots are work boots that are constructed with protective materials like leather and steel. They are made to protect the metatarsal bones (the five long bones in the forefoot) and the feet in regular and hazardous work conditions.
2. Rocky WorkSmart metatarsal work boots protect against electrical hazards with their protective metaguard. They are steel toe boots and are rugged and durable and made out of full grain leather.
3. Boots like Wolverine Lewis waterproof miner boots have an internal metatarsal guard with a composite toe. They’re made out of full-grain leather with heel guard and have reinforced laces. Heavy lining inside the boots and puncture-resistant insoles cushion the feet. The shoes are breathable with a removable full-cushion footbed with mesh sock liner.
4. The women’s, full-leather, Dr. Martens Ironbridge industrial met guard boots are water-resistant. They follow the natural shape of the forefoot and are flexible when squatting. They have a protective toe with an air-cushioned outsole to provide day long comfort. They have good shock-absorbing properties and protect against electrical hazards.
1. For some lighter boots for women, check out non-skid, black patent leather boots. The embroidery, inside zipper and lace-tie detailing at the back of the boots are stylish and good to wear anywhere for any occasion with any outfit.
2. Women’s Gotham high-rise boots from North Face in shiny black are sturdy and durable boots that are suitable for rugged weather conditions. They are water-resistant with stretch-knit cuffs and bungee lacing system.