A patterned dress to wear in warm weather
Gauzy and patterned fabrics are trending in a big way this spring. It’s all about letting yourself go and swathing yourself in bright colors and patterns. Handkerchief dresses, drop-waist dresses, long, maxi skirts in pastels, floral patterns and bright, glamorous patterns are all in. Take a look at how you can make the most of warm weather and bright colors for a happy season:
1. Handkerchief dresses in bright colors and floral patterns with a bit of lace or crochet are must-have spring staples in your wardrobe. They’re always fun to wear and quite easy to make. The pattern stands out best with lightweight fabrics to show off the layering effect.
2. The Avenue sequin dress in chiffon looks romantic and dreamy with its ruffled sleeves and floral fabric. Detailing like the draped neckline and handkerchief hemline are extremely feminine along with the short, flutter sleeves.
3. You don’t need to stick to bright floral prints and other patterns. You can add some chutzpah to your spring outfit with bold stripes in bright colors. Color blocking is also big now. Check out the BCBG Maxzaria racer back dress with multiple colors popping out. Its scoop neck, handkerchief hemline and striped design throughout are bold and bright. It’s guaranteed to banish the last of the winter blues!
1. When you’re wearing lightweight chiffon and georgette dresses, you want your body to look firm and toned. You want to keep unseemly bulges hidden. A perfect way to do this is with convertible backless body shapers.
2. Body shapers are ideal to wear under various designs like halter necks, criss-cross backs, conventional necklines and backless gowns. For special occasions like when you’re wearing a prom gown or an evening gown, the body shapers are perfect to give a contoured fit under your gown. They have soft, pushup pads that reveal a shapely cleavage and a smooth fit on the hips and waist.