Giving your bathroom a rustic makeover
Every now and then we like to give advice on how to give certain parts of your home a makeover and today it is going to be the bathroom. One trend that has become quite popular as of late for folks who are remodeling their bathroom is to go with a Western rustic theme. It’s new prominence comes as no surprise as it is praised for creating a comfortable and homey vibe.
Read on to take a look at a few options you have for bringing a rustic ambience to your bathroom:
- Organic textiles are a sure sign of a rustic bathroom.
- Use hand-painted Mexican tile for your sink.
- Have a cabinet made of distressed wood.
- Rustic pedestal bathtubs promote the Western theme better than regular bathtubs.
- Put in some terracotta tile flooring.
The Little Things
- A horseshoe here and there takes this idea a long way (you can use them as handles for cabinet drawers or hang them over the door for extra luck).
- A plain wooden frame around an otherwise undecorated mirror is an attractive Western touch.
- Make use of stone bath accessories, such as a stone lotion dispenser or a Genuine Marble Bathroom Accessory Set.
- Decorate underutilized spaces like the windowsill with pebbles or sea shells – a simple way to make a major impression.
- Colors such as yellow or a rusty red are preferable in this case.
- Stone gray is another color you can use if you want to be more subtle.
Do not forget that the use of even a few of these tactics will have a substantial effect on developing the Western rustic theme in your bathroom. Doing a complete makeover will certainly leave you with satisfying results and a beautiful bathroom, so it’s something to consider if you have the funds.