Lower your utility bill with energy efficient dishwashers
Using the dishwasher can rack up your utility bill. It uses a large amount of water and electricity to run, and if you have multiple loads a week, then all of it quickly adds up! Getting an ENERGY STAR certified dishwasher will not only lower your utility bill, but help the environment as it will reduce greenhouse gas emissions and decrease the amount of pollutants released into the air typically caused by inefficient energy use. Here are two ENERGY STAR certified dishwashers that are worth switch your old one for.
Whirlpool dishwashers: The 2012 best rated energy efficient dishwashers
An energy efficient whirlpool dishwasher is your first option as it is the best rated for 2012. It offers the following energy saving benefits:
- It uses half the amount of water to clean a full load of dishes, thus saving you a lot of water
- It has Tall Tubs on both racks which allow you to load odd-shaped items along with your dishes
- Since you can pack more dishes in a load, you will have fewer loads and use less electricity
- You won’t have to worry about repairs for at least fifteen years since it is built for routine use and reliability
Bosch dishwashers: The perfect gift for mom
Bosch energy star dishwashers are also highly rated, and are preferred by moms everywhere. The 24” Recessed Handle Dishwasher 800 Plus Series will cut your mom’s work in half and is particularly popular this year for the following reasons:
- It has sensors that estimates the load size which helps it automate the wash temperature
- Its Tall Tubs are made of stainless steel which distributes heat better for quicker drying time
- It has an express wash option which will wash a load in 30 minutes
- It saves up to 436 gallons of water a year
With more energy efficient dishwashers available, make the switch today to see the improvement in your utility bill, and know that you are helping keep the air clean.
Written by Reese Hudgins