How to change your garage door
Are you are a hands-on, DIY kind of person? Then you must be adept at all kinds of tasks, both indoors and outdoors. But there are some tasks that are best left to professionals as they’re formally trained for them and have prior experience in those areas. Certain jobs, like changing your garage door can be hazardous unless you know exactly how and what’s to be done. Before you attempt a DIY to change your garage door, take a look at the list below to understand what’s involved:
- Start with reading the instruction manual thoroughly. Then assemble all the tools that you need for the job and line them up neatly to do an organized job.
- Take the required measurements. Get the door ready with the help of the instruction manual.
- You might find it difficult to handle the heavy garage door alone. Try and get someone to help you at this juncture.
- Make sure there is space enough for the door to operate and lower the door. Get the door frame ready.
- Seal the bottom of the panel with weather stripping and keep it ready at the entranceway.
- Get together all the tracks and rollers for installation. Mark out hinges.
- Then start fixing in place the panels and tracks. Use a power drill to fix hinges.
- Ensure that you use an electric door opener. Check out the Genie Pro Garage door opener. It is an established and reliable brand with a superior design and maximum power and speed.
- Finish off the job by installing the end bearing, cable and spring. Position the door in its place and check all the safety features.
- For jobs like these, it’s convenient to have a Machinist tool chest. The chest has multiple drawers with wool felt lining and steel dividers that lets you keep your tools organized. Spring clips prevent tools in place and you can secure the drawers with tubular locks.