Shaving kit bags for the perfect shave
One of the great difficulties of traveling is maintaining one’s personal hygiene at the highest standard. Sure, when you’re in the comfort of your own home, it’s easy to get the perfect shave every time, but then there are the many times when you’re away on business or vacation. Any man who is often on the road is familiar with the scruff that comes with travel.
Being on the move is exhausting, and it’s hard to remember all the essentials of the perfect shave. Normally, I just grab any razor and assume that soap will do for lather, but that’s really not enough. One easy way to assure you never forget anything is to pack a shaving kit bag well in advance. In the words of the Fresh Prince, Will Smith: “If you stay ready, you ain’t gotta get ready.”
There are 5 key items for a men’s shaving kit bag:
- A good blade – a blade with more razors is better for sensitive skin or a heavy beard
- A badger brush – badger fur hold more water than its more common nylon counterparts
- Pre-shave oil – to be applied before shaving cream in order to help blade glide across skin
- Shaving cream – cream softens beard, exfoliates skin, and lifts hair away from face
- After shave balm – select a non-alcohol shave balm as alcohol dries out skin
For those readers who have yet to become adept at the art of shaving – and by that I mean those who are still prone to nicks and cuts – there is one more item I would recommend for a shaving kit:
- A styptic pencil – apply to bleeding areas in order to constrict blood vessels and stop bleeding
With these tools at the ready, you will always be prepared to embark on any adventure at a moment’s notice.