The New LBD: long black dress
With the winter right around the corner, it’s time to take a good hard look at your closet. Yes, your favorite LBD is still in fashion and it still fits but really, wouldn’t you rather wear a dress that you won’t turn into a Popsicle in? So many designers are embracing long flowing dresses, such as hi-low’s, sheer overlays, and maxi’s there’s no reason you can’t rock a long black dress and look like a bombshell.
A dressy dictionary:
Designers and fashionistas like to throw around a lot of words to describe dresses, and most of them are total Greek to us. Below you’ll find some helpful dress definitions that will have you talking like a designer in no time.
Maxi dress: a floor to ankle length, generally casual dress, that is fitted at the bust and then flows to the hem.
Hi-low: a dress where the hem begins at just above the knee in the front and then tapers down to the ankles in the back.
Sheer overlay: a dress where the skirt is fitted and ends at the just above the knee and then a second sheer skirt lays over it, generally flowing to the ankle or the floor.
Why long dresses rock:
- You didn’t have time to shave your legs today, and under that long skirt no one will know. We certainly aren’t telling.
- Your legs are “glow in the dark” pale.
- Short skirts with sheer overlays add a bit of mystery to your wardrobe. You’ll be driving men wild with your peek-a-boo legs, and that’s always a good thing.
- These longer hi-lows, overlay dresses, and maxi’s generally look good on all body types.
- Roxy’s World Festival 2 Dress: First, you can’t beat this price $34.99. Secondly, throw a blazer or a cardigan on this maxi and you can wear this through the cold winter months, and once the sun comes out so can your shoulders.
- Romeo&Juliet Couture Sequined Bib Hi-Lo Dress: This is a stunning dress at a great price, just $59.99. In this chic bib hi-low dress your legs will be playing peek-a-boo with that cutie across the dance floor. Not to mention that this playful dress can be dressed up or down to match any situation.
- Michael Kors One Shoulder Poncho dress: This classic floor length frock will dress up any occasion. The one shoulder dress is perfect because it’s enough skin to tantalize on lookers and yet is still elegant. And, honestly, can you beat this price: $64.99? We don’t think so.
- UNIF’s Godspeed Dress in Black: This sensual cut out dress is the perfect example of sheer overlay because your legs create all the mystery you’ll ever need in this dress. Don’t worry, once your Sherlock sees you in this dress, they’ll be tripping over themselves to solve your mystery. Best $115.00 you ever spent.