How to dress up or down for any occasion
While I usually prefer to dress casually, there a certain occasions where dressing up is a must. Understanding the basics for dressing up a comfortable outfit is essential to a busy lifestyle, especially during the holidays when you are trying to find a balance between staying warm and looking chic. Here is a guide to the basics for how to dress up or dress down an outfit:
Sometimes you have to get creative with what you have during the busy holidays, especially for a college student who is cramming for finals. Versatility is the key to these outfits and here are some piece that we’ve had great success with:
- A maxi skirt gives a formal look and the glamor of a dress. However it is so easy to move in and feels like sweats
- For a funky occasion why not experiment with some dark colored faux leather shorts? While they look like a million bucks, they are so soft that you can sleep in them too
- You might think that your favorite pair of jeans look run down. All that I do is add a pair of glittering yet practical pair of shoes that will take you to new heights of dressing up
- In the midst of winter all you need is a thick, lovely knit sweater. While a sweater has the glamour attached to it, it is comfy and cosy through and through
In fact have you ever thought of how a womens black vest can help you look apt and dress up or down for any occasion. While the vest on its own might look plain the following tips can do wonders to the look
- A glamorous jacket or shrug is all that you need to wear with it to add an element of chicness. What about a glittering one?
- Some funky neckpieces is all you need to enhance the outfit
- Pick up an oversized pair of Liz Claiborne tee shirts and sport it over the vest for a cool and uptight look. All that you need is a pair of skinny jeans and boots to look perfect!