How to give your kitchen the country feel
Want to give your kitchen a country feel? Follow these top style ideas and add rustic charm to your kitchen space. Whether you want to do the entire renovation or simply want to add subtle rustic touches, here are some of my favorite ways to introduce them into your home.
- Give your kitchen a natural look with wooden counters, tables and cabinets. You can go for Oak and Cedar. Country kitchen must have the typical window dressing style. Have in-house plant life with flowers like daisies and posies and add freshness to your country kitchen.
- Have your kitchen illuminated with bright shades of blue, yellow and red for window dressing.
- Let your kitchen be the heart of the house. Do this by bringing in rustic kitchen tables made of oak, walnut, pine or mahogany along with old benches or wooden chairs in similar style and material.
- Rich wooden tables either round or rectangular can be used along with kitchen chair cushions.
- Add old model accessories like mug collections, old aluminum serving trays, wooden clocks and candle holders to bring an inimitable charm to it. Get the rustic look with hardwood paneling for the floors.
- Country kitchen designs should be elaborate and detailed for bringing a more traditional look to them. Increase the functionality of your kitchen by having large pot drawers for storing bigger items.
- Introduce hand painting and increase the country style. One of the major signals in a country décor is having patterns of gingham, floral design and checks.
- Have natural color scheme. Use brown of timber with its adjacent colors like range, yellow and green.
- Have open shelving for displaying items.
- Get lace curtains, naturally inspired ornaments and artworks, fresh flowers and some antique pieces to enhance the country look of your kitchen.
- Remember, a country design must go along with nature and lend a rustic feel.