A guide to completing your dress shoe collection
There comes a time in every man’s life when owning on pair of dress shoes no longer cuts it. This time is different for every person, but it usually rears its head around the time when you get your first full time office job. While it’s acceptable to be sporting the same pair of black dress shoes every day, they will likely scuffed, dirty, and boring, especially if you’re wearing them every single day. It’s nice to have a bit of variety in your shoe wear, so hit up an Allen Edmonds sale and see what you can add to your shoe rack. Here are a few suggestions to add to your repertoire of dress shoes.
- Oxfords – these are your standard dress shoes, have low instep and closed laces. Allen Edmonds Oxfords are perfect for very formal occasions and should be polished to shiny perfection.
- Cap toes – these are similar to Oxfords except they are more ornate and feature embellishments and perforations. Cap toes are excellent for when you are going out and want to add a bit of individuality to your attire. They are less formal than Oxfords.
- Loafers – these are a more casual option as they are slip on shoes that can also be used for yachting. Often they will be adorned with tassels.
- Monk strap shoes – these can identified by the buckle across the face of the shoe. You can also find double monk straps, which are a more modern style.
- Dress boots – these are a more daring and versatile choice than the standard dress shoe. The dress boot usually goes up to the ankle and has a simple polished design. Because of the more casual nature of the boot, it is usually worn with jeans or trousers. Of course, dress boots are a good fit for suits as well because the height is often covered unless sitting.
Written by Asher Briggs