Baby proofing tips
Parents worry endlessly about how to protect their children from outside violence and stranges. Ironically they sometimes overlook the dangers that lie very much in their house. Statistics say that millions of children are injured within the home every year. When I read that for the first time I got rather paranoid. So when I found out I was pregnant, I took a few precautionary steps before I brought my newborn home. I did not want to wait for him to start to crawl, I wanted to be prepared beforehand. Let me share some tips which I found rather useful
- Door latches are a rather vital part of the process. Why not get a top of the door mounted lock which is ultra strong? In fact you could get one which keeps doors closed tightly and has added security. Don’t forget about the cabinets when it comes to the door latch
- While I do not have stairs in my house, I saw my sister effectively install gates in front of the stair case. It was a great preventative measure to make sure that my playful nephew didn’t roll down the stairs
- The crawling stage also happens to be the most inquisitive stage for children! Stick your finger in an electrical sockets is terrifying to think of as an adult, but babies for whatever reason are drawn to this. Therefore installing outlet covers is an absolute must. What about a finger guard too?
- Even as an adult, I am still prone to bumping and getting hurt from sharp corners and slamming my fingers in doors. Thus I ensured that I padded pointy corners and installed finger guards into the doors to protect my child.
- You possibly do not consider a toilet as a hazard. However the water in it as well as the toilet lid is dangerous for a curious child who might want to stick their head in. Thus having a lid lock as well keeping the toilet lids down is another must!
Take time to baby proof when your little one is brand new. It is never too soon for baby proofing!