The benefits and advantages of honey
Honey is single-handedly one of nature’s most amazing sweeteners. But does it do more than that? The answer to that question is a resounding yes! Honey can be used for a lot more than just a simple sweetener for your tea. If you’re interested in all of the great health, beauty and helpful benefits that honey can give you then keep reading.
For centuries humans have cultivated and eaten honey. The main reason being is how versatile it is and can be used for many various things in our lives. It turns out that Pooh bear wasn’t wrong at all, he was probably grabbing a honey pot just so he could use these great benefits!
If you wanted to give yourself a great beauty DIY mask then do we have a great solution for you. Honey is great for your skin because it gives you many benefits that we all want. It nourishes, soothes, hydrates you skin and even treats acne! As someone who has suffered from acne for years, I can say what a welcome relief it is to know that there is something out there that’s natural and isn’t full of chemicals that I can use to make sure that my skin stays beautiful.
- For this mask, all you need is two table spoons of rice flower, which you can find at any Asian supermarket, and two tablespoons of honey. You can use something like a honey dipper to pour the honey into your mixture if you wish.
- Mix those together until you get a thick paste consistency.
- To smoothen out the consistency of the mask you can always add a thinning ingredient such as another spoonful of honey or a spoonful of green tea.
- Apply a generous layer of this to your face while avoiding your eye and mouth area. You can apply it with a makeup brush as opposed to your hands, mostly because it’s more hygienic.
- Let the mask sit for about twenty minutes and after its set, you can wash it off with warm water.
- Other than beauty, honey is also a great food to eat. A few thigns that it helps our bodies with:
- Controls our blood sugar: studies have shown that if you use honey over regular white sugar that it can help steady blood-sugar levels. This is a great piece of advice for those with pre-diabetes or have insulin resistance.
- Curbs cholesterol: Trade out the white sugar you’ve been using to sweeten your coffee for two weeks and it can actually lower your bad cholesterol.
- Boost antioxidant levels: When compared to other artificial sweeteners, honey has higher levels of antioxidants.
What else are your favorite things about honey? Let us know in the comments below!
Written by Jessamine Casia