Tips for making yard work an easy chore
Winter makes yard work a tedious and frustrating job. In fact I would think it is absolutely impossible to maintain a yard in the wet and cold winter, which is why it’s okay to take a break. However, with spring approaching it is time to start planning in yard maintenance into your weekend chores. Here are some tips and helpful tools to make it an easier chore:
There are times when removing the weeds becomes a pain. Weeds can make a beautiful a yard look horrible. Sometimes they can be very stubborn and never go away. However certain tips have helped me a lot.
- A weed removal formula works well. There is a large variety available. Have you checked at any home improvement store?
- A garden fork works well also. Just insert it down to the root and pull it out
- Have you tried a fertilizer with a weed killer? This is tremendously good for your lawn
- Is your lawn and weeds in a really bad condition? Then maybe you can ‘rototill’ the lawn
After years of lawn care, I realized that when I start afresh after winter aeration proves to be the best. Maybe you could put on your aerator shoes to do the task easily as well! Aeration is the secret weapon to a health lawn. It has multiple benefits to the lawn and its root system:
- It allows the soil to breathe
- Did you know that the nutrients and fertilizers actually reach the root system
- The water gets soaked very nicely and moves to the root system
- In fact the soil is loosened up also allowing the root system to grow
For a weekly maintenance and trimming, I simply use a Ryobi trimmer which helps me very well.
Try these tips and you are bound to have a weed free and beautiful lawn.