Tips for how to choose your hiking boots
Whether you are hitting one of the rough trails of the US for an entire weekend, or strolling for a light day trip hike there are a variety of hiking boots which are on offering. I never realized the importance of buying the right hiking footwear until I went for a hike and was in a lot of pain. After that I never made the same mistake again and ensured that the comfort and support is a must. I followed the below mentioned tips and bought the ideal pair for trips henceforth.
- There should be sync with your hiking ambitions and hiking shoes. For example if light day hikes are your cup of tea then light hiking shoes is the ideal option
- Ensuring that the hiking boots has the right size is a very important consideration. In fact taking half a size bigger than your actually foot would be a good idea. Last time my boots were so tight that I got pain and blisters and wasn’t able to hike as far
- Durability and stiff mid-soles are usually very helpful. Did you realize that it would help you giving a very strong grip
- Do you want your hiking boots to have a waterproof lining? There is nothing worse than trying to enjoy hiking with wet feet
- Remember to try the boots and walk around the store to ensure total comfort and support. Do they feel good?
- If you like walking, then get a pair of sturdy walking boots. I invested in a pair of Red Wing Boots for my construction jobs which can be used for other purposes too.
Don’t forget that a little breaking in of new shoes before you go on your adventure ride would be good for you and your feet.
So what are you waiting for? Happy Hiking!