3 Valentine’s Day Dessert Recipes for Two
Planning to cook a homemade dinner for a stay-in Valentine’s Day date with your beau? Well you wouldn’t forget the dessert now, would you? If you’ve spent so much time rattling your brains for what main course to serve and getting stressed out by how much time you’d have to spend in the kitchen just to perfect your homecooked meal, let us take the worries of dessert off your hand.
Here are three super quick desserts that takes just 20 minutes to prep:
Caramelized Apples with Ice Cream
4 apples, halved lengthwise and core taken out
1/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ cup water
2 cups vanilla ice cream
1. Combine sugar and cinnamon on a plate. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Press cut side of each apple into the mixture and place in the skillet. Sprinkle with remaining mixture.
2. Cook apples until they begin to brown. Add water. Cover and reduce heat to love. Simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Plate apple slices and drizzle with sauce from the skillet. Add a scoop of ice cream. Serve.
PB&J Ice Cream Sundaes
1 pint vanilla ice cream
¼ cup jelly of your choice – raspberry, strawberry, etc.
1 cup chopped berries, sliced, peaches, quartered grapes
4 peanut butter cookies, crushed
1. Place jelly over low heat in a small saucepan until smooth. Add and stir in fruit/s.
2. Scoop ice cream into dessert bowls. Top with fruit mixture. Add crushed cookies. Serve.
Raspberry Sorbet Trio
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
2 teaspoon lime peel, finely shred
2 tablespoons lime juice
3 cups frozen raspberries
1. In a medium saucepan, stir sugar and water over medium heat. When sugar is fully dissolved, remove from heat. Add raspberries and lime juice.
2. Using a blender, cover and blend mixture until smooth.
3. Using a fine-mesh sieve, strain and discard seeds. Stir in lime peel.
4. Transfer mixture to a freezer container and freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
5. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth and lightened in color. Return to container. Cover and freeze for another 2 hours until firm. Serve.