Time-Saving Breakfast Recipes for Moms
Mornings with kids can be pretty messy, noisy, and downright exhausting. There’s the trouble of waking the kids up – pulling them out of their beds and into the bathroom. There’s the dressing them up in their uniforms. Lucky if they’ve got uniforms or else you’ll have to go through the harrowing experience of picking which clothes to wear when. And then, of course, there’s that trouble of while already doing the aforementioned, you’ll also have to be prepping breakfast, and packing the kid’s lunch.
Sometimes making breakfast is the last thing you want to worry about. But skipping breakfast is never an option. So here are a couple of recipes that will guarantee you extra time in the morning –
1-Week 5-Minute Oatmeal Recipe
1 2/3 cups of steel-cut oats
4 cups water
Pinch of salt
Your choice of Milk, Cinnamon, Dried Fruit, Nuts, or Honey
1. Bring oats, water, and salt to boil. Simmer for 3 minutes and turn off heat.
2. Place in different containers (mason jars, anyone?) and store all but one in the fridge.
3. Add milk or nuts or raisins in the one you didn’t put in the fridge and serve.
4. Next morning, use one other stored oatmeal and add a different topping such as fruit or honey and serve. This recipe should be good for one week’s worth of oatmeal breakfast.
Banana Dog Recipe
2 Hotdog Buns
1. Spread a layer of peanut butter on the bun.
2. Place the banana.
3. Top with strawberry jam. Serve.