PB&J Remake: Two Simple Recipes
You’ve probably eaten a lot of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. You’ve probably got the instructions from your mom down pat, and by now you’ve still probably got that sticky icky feeling of when the jelly oozes out when you take a bite and you’re left with a soggy sad-looking piece of brown and violet goodness.
If you’re kids (and even you, yourself) are sick and tired of that sad looking piece of snack, here are a couple of recipes to take your peanut butter and jelly craving to a whole new level:
For peanut butter filling:
16oz plain yogurt
¼ cup milk
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
½ tsp vanilla extract
For the jelly filling:
½ cup frozen strawberries (or any berry of your choice, really)
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons water
1. Blend all peanut butter filling ingredients until smooth. Fill 2/3 of a popsicle holder with the mixture and freeze for an hour.
2. Combine and heat all jelly filling ingredients in a pot until dissolved. Place into blender and mix well. Fill the remaining 1/3 of the popsicle holder.
3. Freeze for 20 minutes before adding the popsicle sticks. Freeze for another hour to fully set.
2 cups milk
1 package JELL-O Instant Pudding (vanilla flavor)
5 Nutter Butter Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies, crushed
¼ cup blueberry jam
½ cup thawed Cool Whip Whipped Topping
1. Pour milk and add dry pudding mix. Beat with wire whisk for 2 minutes and let stand for 5 minutes.
2. Set aside 2 tablespoons of crushed cookies for garnish.
3. Layer ¼ cup of pudding and 1 tablespoon each of the cookie crumbs and jam in parfait glasses (makes 4 servings)
4. Refrigerate for an hour, at least. Top with blueberry jam, whipped topping, and cookie crumbs. Serve.