DIY Paper Mache Confetti Easter Eggs
Easters eggs can be a real surprise especially when they have unique designs. But for a change, here in Become, we suggest to put some excitement on your Easter eggs this year by making them as paper maches and not real eggs with a cool twist of putting your goodies inside. What will you need?
Paper confetti of desired shapes
- Inflate the small balloons and tie them off.
- Coat it with Mod Podge. Other glues can also work but be sure that it will dry fast and won’t burn the balloon.
- Stick the paper confetti. Start at the bottom. Do it in layers all the way up the balloon. You have to cover the confetti with Mod Podge as you do the layering.
- Set them aside and let them dry.
- When it is completely dry, pop the balloon at the top. The balloon should deflate without changing the shape of the confetti egg. If it is not yet entirely dry, you might not be able to pull the balloon out and the confetti egg will be deformed. So avoid this by making sure you are giving it an ample time to dry.
- Fill the confetti egg with the small goodies you like. You can even add up confetti inside too if you want to.
- When it is all stuffed, cover the hole at the top of the egg by Mod Podge and more confetti.
This should be easy and fun! The only crucial part is the drying stage. But when you get the hang of it, making confetti eggs can be a piece of cake. It will surely fascinate the kids to see more than just beautifully decorated eggs this Easter Sunday.