When it comes to cooking dinner, today’s hyper-connected and multitasking generation barely have time for decent meals. Mostly, dinner consists of deep fried anything in unhealthy takeout boxes from wherever restaurant is closest to their apartments. So in an effort to encourage these yuppies to start cooking, here are super awesome dinner recipes that only require 5 ingredients or less:
Egg & Avocado Toast –
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon butter
1 slice toasted bread
hot sauce (optional)
1. Melt butter in a nonstick pan. Add egg and seasoning.
2. Mash and season avocado in a small bowl.
3. Spread avocado on toast and top with scrambled egg.
4. Top with hot sauce. (optional)
Quick and Easy Chicken –
2 chicken cutlets
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon flour
¼ cup chicken broth
1/8 cup waine
1. Season chicken and cover with flour.
2. Melt butter in a nonstick pan and cook chicken until golden brown. Set on plate.
3. Deglaze pan with the chicken broth and wine. Spread over chicken.
Slow Cooker Pot Roast –
2 lbs pot roast
2 (3-4 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 package dry onion soup mix
½ cup water
1. In a slow cooker, mix cream of mushroom, dry onion soup mix, and water.
2. Place pot roast inside slow cooker and coat with the mix.
3. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 7-9 hours.