Benefits to guest blogging on Pocket Change
- Increase Branding: Promote your products in front of thousands of shoppers who read and subscribe to the blog posts on PocketChange.Become.com (Become.com’s shopping blog).
- Qualify Traffic: Provide product information for the online community and dive traffic to your site and those products.
- Social Media: Posts from Pocket Change are automatically added to our category twitter feeds, and many shoppers add an RSS feed of the Pocket Change blog on their LinkedIn profile, Google reader or other RSS readers. The “Share This” button next to the blog post also allows others to share your article on social media sites like Twitter, Digg, StumbleUpon, Facebook, Yahoo! Buzz, Reddit and more.
- Link Value: Once your post is published on Pocket Change, link to it from your own blog or press page.
Guidelines for Guest Blogging on Pocket Change
- Reader Value: We want our readers to be informed and engaged by the posts on the blog, so make sure your blog post provides valuable information on the featured product or topic. While adding a guest blog post to Pocket Change is a great way to mention promotions or sales on the product you’re writing about, it should not be the main point of the post. For example:
“You should invest in a pair of dedicated running shoes. Running shoes are designed to minimize impact on your joints for a smoother stride and injury prevention….check out our free shipping options for running shoes here.”
“We’re offering free shipping on running shoes this week—we have low prices on all running shoes and you can find great deals on Nike, Adidas, and New Balance on www…” Providing tips on how users would select the best camera for their vacation is acceptable, but an article on why they should buy a camera from your store is not.
- Original and exclusive content: Please only send us original articles that you have authored. Please do not include content published on other sites or modified versions of content published on other sites.
- No defamatory content or inappropriate language: Make your content interesting and fun, but avoid defamatory content and inappropriate language that may offend readers.
- We allow a max of two (2) external links to “your” blog or site (preferably on the same domain) anywhere in the post and one (1) non-branded picture with dimensions the exact dimensions of 500×300 (width x height). We reserve the right to add anchor internal links within the text.
- In the article, you may provide one (1) clearly identifiable link to your site or blog inclusive of the two (2) aforementioned links. Example: Guest Blogger: John Doe (JohnDoe.blog.com).
Email your guest post to firstname.lastname@example.org
Become.com reserves the right to refuse publication of any article submitted.